Accident at work
Compensation for accidents at work can be obtained from the employer or Zakład Ubezpieczeń Społecznych (Social Insurance Institution). Our Law Firm offers legal services in both cases, providing professional assistance in preparing and filing claims, and representing our Clients in the case until the successful end.
Within the meaning of the Social Security Act of 30 October 2002, an accident at work or an occupational disease is understood as:
- sudden event
- caused by an external factor
- resulting in injury or death, which occurred in connection with work
- during or in connection with the performance of ordinary activities or instructions given by superiors
- during or in connection with activities performed by an employee to the benefit of an employer even without instructions
- when the employee remains at the disposal of an employer on the way between the employer’s office and the place where the activity arising from the employment relationship is performed.
In case of applying for compensation from an employer, it must be demonstrated that the injury to the worker was caused by the fault of the employer, in particular, as a result of the employer’s negligence or failure to comply with the applicable labour laws. In this case, the cause of the accident that was the source of the injury or death of an employee should be related to the work performed by an employee, and should not come from an employee. It should be external and not only related to the reactions of the body of a victim.